Sunday, March 1, 2015

DEWA ATHENA

On Saturday, February 21 2015, SMAN 3 Bandung presented an opening of the event "DEWA ATHENA". DEWA ATHENA is a sport competition among students of SMAN 3 Bandung and it will be held for about 6 weeks. The competition includes: basketball, futsal, ping pong, dodgeball, badminton, tug of war, and marathon. The opening for DEWA ATHENA is an event called mini color run. So we basically have to run, the route is from Lapangan Bali - Jalan Banda - Taman Ade Irma Nasution - Lapangan Bali. We all run together, the x graders and xi graders.

The first thing that we did is we gathered ourselves at Lapangan Bali.


We lined up, and listened to speeches by the principal, the student body president, and the chief executive of DEWA ATHENA. After that was the symbolic torch handover to the torch runner.



















The torch runner then ran followed by  the participants of DEWA ATHENA.



















I was one of the committees so I didn't have to run. I rode a motorbike with Mevi to capture the participants. They all wore with shirt except the sportmen and sportwomen. Sportmen and Sportwomen are models representing their class's own jersey. So they wore their class's jersey.



















After the route is all passed by, we came back to Lapangan Bali and welcomed by some committees with bottles of color paint+water in it. They sprayed all the participants who ran pass them. There were various colors on their shirts. Some got green, pink, yellow, blue, orange, and others. That's why the name is color run. We then took a break. My class took pictures and just casually hung out.

After the color run, we all gathered again and finally the competition started. It was opened by BM Cup (Belitung Muda Cup). Belitung Muda is an extracurricular for people who love soccer/futsal. And then, the competition continued. Dodgeball and badminton were held at Bangsal, Basketball and Futsal were held at Basketball Field, Tug of War was held at the Big Field, and marathon was held at the jogging track. Oh, ping pong is the only sport that's not played at Lapangan Bali. Ping pong's held at Koridor SMAN 3&5 Bandung.





















I was told to do live report about some of the competition, so I captured the moments with my phone and sent it to DEWA ATHENA's Line. The live report was shared to DEWA ATHENA's official Line so that every student can see it. My class, X IPA 3 or TRIPLEX's schedule was Marathon, Tug of War and Futsal (Girls). The marathon was played at 10:50 versus X IPA 7 and we lost. Tug of War was played at 11:30 versus X IPA 7. Sadly, we lost. I didn't play nor watch them play because I had to live report about other competition. And then when it was Futsal (girls), I didn't play too because I had to live report my own class. We played at 14:10 versus XI IPA 4. And unfortunately we lost the match. It was okay because at least we had fun and got to show our really nice jersey off. Well I didn't wear my Triplex Jersey, I wore DEWA ATHENA T-Shirt.

DEWA ATHENA was exhausting, I bought like 3 cups of Iced Tea. But then again, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment