Friday, January 2, 2015

My Holiday

I am writing this on 3rd of January, clearly I have no exciting activities. My holiday is supposed to be full of watching TV and being productive whatsoever, but that is not the reality.


On the day where my report book was given to my pops, I stayed at home with a broken TV and no internet, and no cellphone as well. They came back at night. You can imagine how bored I was.
Days after the report book, I went to school again. I was playing violin with my extracurricular friends (Musik Klasik 3) to practice for our performance on Valentine's Day. It was fun, I've always loved playing the violin. And then I was off to my other extracurricular, Tiloe's Theatre. We held a big discussion to choose the emperor, the leader of Tiloe's Theatre. It took a long time, but finally it was time to elect. Grace won, she is now the leader of this extracurricular.


My holiday was pretty much spent in Bandung. Mostly I would go to malls if I'm bored. I think I could go to the mall three times a week. I have almost watched all the movies at the cinema. I have eaten so much ice cream that I don't crave it anymore. I have drunk enough Ice Blended Chocolate to make menot excited to drink it. But I'm still bored at times. So I started to watch Sherlock at home. And now I am kind of addicted to it. I've always loved mystery slash detective stories slash thriller slash crimes. They make me think. I love this Sherlock series but honestly I am not a big fan of Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I prefer to read Agatha Christie's books. I also like Detective Conan comics. I watch CSI, Criminal Minds, and Hannibal. My mom is constantly worried that I might turn into a psychopath. Don't worry though mom I am doing pretty well. I am reading "Supernova: Knight, Princess, and Falling Star" by Dee Lestari at the moment. The movie was released not a long time ago and I kinda didn't understand the story so I decided to read the book. It was actually interesting.

On New Year's Eve, nothing exciting happened. My parents were out and my siblings were sleeping. I was accompanied by my friends through my phone. I didn't make New Year Resolutions I've never made one, I didn't have barbecues or play poker with my cousins. I didn't have the New Year spirit this year and last couple of years too. I am not bothered with it though. My holiday is 3 weeks long and it doesn't depend on whether I had a good New Year's Eve or not. And I am definitely happy with this holiday even if I don't go abroad or be together with my big family.

Anyway, my sister asked me to accompany her to Jakarta. She meant to meet her friend from Brazil and her friend from Jakarta. We went there by car with my parents because they had something to do in Jakarta as well. At first we went to Senayan City, we went to Starbucks to meet Kevin, my sister's friend. A former exchange student who went to Mexico. He was talkative and very nice. And then my sister left me to pick Leticia, her Brazilian friend up. When we all met up, we left Starbucks. Leticia was very nice and polite, she was 19, oh and she was beautiful. She came to Indonesia to help the poor. She will stay here for 2 months. I spoke english with her but her english isn't very good so mostly she spoke portuguese with my sister and spanish with Kevin. I didn't understand a thing. Well actually no, I understand just a tinee tiny bit of the spanish Kevin spoke. Thanks to Duolingo, a phone app to study foreign language and I happened to be studying spanish. We had lunch at the food court, I ordered my favorite cheesy chicken pepper rice with my sister and Leticia said she'd missed burgers so she bought Wendy's. Kevin was not hungry. We talked (mostly I was not included (included only if they talk in english)) and talked. Leticia gave me this peanut candy that I haven't eaten yet. I am a big fan of peanut though so it's all good. And then I and Leticia bought ice cream to accompany us walking to Plaza Senayan (honestly it was just across Senayan City). There, we went to Kinokuniya, a bookstore filled with imported books aka heaven on earth. We split up, I headed straight to Young Adult/Fiction Section. I found many books that I've been looking for; The Indigo Spell, The Scorch Trials, Fangirl, and many more. But I decided not to buy anything here. The books were expensive and I am not a member of this bookstore. So I just sat and read a glimpse of Anne Frank's diary. After done looking for books, we went to an Apple Store. Leticia wanted to buy a MacBook. But she didn't bought it now. And then Kevin wanted to buy cinnamon rolls so while waiting for him, we bought crepes. Chocolate ice cream for Leticia, Choco Cheese for my sister Sarah and Choco Peanut for me (I did mention I love peanut). After that Leticia wanted to go to Monas so we walked and took a busway. It was my first time riding a busway. We stopped and walked to Monas. But it was already 5:45 pm and we doubted that we could go inside. So Leticia only took pictures and was excited to meet Ondel-Ondel (and I am scared of them) and Pocong. We walked to Istiqlal because I had to pray. It was quite far but I'm okay with it. And then my parents picked us up and we had seafood for dinner. Leticia was happy because she doesn't eat seafood often in Rio. After having our tummy full, we dropped Leticia at her house, and then I didn't remember anything because I slept. What I remember is that I arrived at home in Bandung at 2 am. It was a nice trip.

I still had many things to do before going back to school. Including cleaning my messy room, finishing Sherlock, and doing my extracurricular homework(s). So then, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment