Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fish and Chips, Peanut Caramel Butter Roll Pancake, and Iced Tea

This the second task that Ms. Wiwin gave us in 2015. This time’s topic is culinary. At first I honestly thought that we had to cook something and then blog it. But it turned out that all we had to do is just to blog about food. It could be your favorite food, or just simply some interesting food. Since I’m a food lover, I kind of had a hard time choosing what food I should blog about. There’s just too much good food in this world. But I finally chose my favorite cafe. I’ve been there quite often. It is Nanny’s Pavillon - Home.




Nanny’s Pavillon is this unique cafe that every branch has a different theme. We got Nanny’s Pavillon - Home; Library; and Garden (That’s what I know). Nanny’s Pavillon - Home is located on Riau street, along with other unique cafes. Nanny’s Pavillon - Home shares their land with Karnivor (basically a cafe for carnivores, duh). What I meant by land is the parking lot. 

Nanny’s has a really cute interior design. Because it’s supposed to be a home, the interior matches the theme. At the front of the cafe aka the gate, you’ll be seeing this statue of a nanny. She looks old, wears glasses, and wears green nanny uniform.


Then, you’ll see the inside of Nanny’s.





The waiters and the waitresses all wear cute uniforms. The waiter wears a cap that looks like an artist’s cap, or sort of a mime’s cap. And then a long-sleeved grey stripes shirt, along with over-all black pants. The waitresses wear green nanny uniform just like the statue. At times, they will do an easy flashmob and a little singing and clapping. That’s why I’m excited to go to Nanny’s, honestly. Also the playlist is just really good. They’ll play you jazz, broadway, acoustic, and classical songs. It’s all old songs and no dubstep. It calms me.  

Now it is time for me to talk about food. So I often order these stuff when I go to Nanny’s. They are Fish and Chips, Peanut Caramel Butter Roll Pancake, and Iced Tea. 


The Fish and Chips is this Dory Fish dipped in bread crumbs and then fried until golden brown. It’s crispy on the outside, soft and chewy in the inside. It is seasoned with salt and pepper, also a little butter. The fish comes with a fresh cut of lemon to balance the fish. Also, the fish is accompanied with a tartar sauce. My favorite sauce of all time. Tartar sauce is basically mayonnaise + garlic + parsley + lemon juice. It is sooooooo goooooood it goes with anything either it’s seafood or simply french fries!
Because the name is Fish and Chips then obviously it’s got chips aka potato. It’s just basic french fries, from fresh potato and not the frozen one. Parsley is sprinkled on top of everything. The benefit of eating Fish and Chips is that you’ll feel less guilty eating deep-fried food because, well, it is fish. Isn’t fish supposed to be healthy?


Peanut Caramel Butter Roll Pancake. I always order this pancake. Because I simply love peanut butter and caramel. The pancake dough is so soft and moist, that you don’t have to put much effort to chew it. The pancake is rolled with peanut butter filling. The peanut butter is the chunky ones. So you can taste the crunch while eating the really soft pancake. On top of the pancake, there is a fine scoop of regular vanilla ice cream with caramel sprayed all over it. One bite is just never enough. Although if I could give suggestion to the chef, I would suggest to put salt on the caramel. It won’t make it too sweet. Peanut butter + salted caramel? I mean why not?


Last thing, it is Iced Tea. I simply love tea. Especially English Breakfast Tea aka Black Tea. It smells and tastes good. I often ask the waiter or the waitresses to separate the sugar with the tea so I can measure how much sugar I want in my tea. It won’t like it to be too sweet.
My favorite part of drinking iced drinks is that I get to eat the ice cubes after I finish my drink. 

So I guess these are three of my favorite culinary. I still have tons, obviously. Anyway, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment